DAT BOSS MIX LR Full Band
Smart HDTV Outdoor Antenna for Very Long Range and High Performance Full Band (Low VHF, High VHF, UHF)
Enjoy free HD TV, up to 100 miles away from the transmitter, perfect for rural areas. With this state of the art outdoor full band antenna you will be able to watch your favorite over-the-air programs, in the full TV band (Low-VHF, High-VHF and UHF), without subscriptions or monthly fees, in the furthest areas from the TV tower.
Get the best reception performance under the most challenging circumstances, thanks to its triple boom design that ensures maximum raw gain in a compact and install friendly form factor, compared to other similar antennas. In addition, multi-element reflectors protect the signal from echoes.
DAT BOSS LR Full Band is your best option for a long-range full band antenna to ensure the best possible reception of TV signals in the most remote areas. In addition, you will always receive the optimal and stable signal level, even if the weather gets worse, thanks to the automatic gain adjustment.
- Receive a crystal-clear, professional-quality signal on your TV even in the most challenging scenarios, thanks to its optimized design and the independent dual amplification for the VHF and UHF bands
- Easy assembly and convenient design for a long range professional antenna, as it offers the best-in-class performance vs. any similar sized product
- Great stability and strong attachment to the mast despite its large size, since it has two anchor points to keep the antenna in a firm position and preventing it from moving or falling. This ensures a stable signal reception even in strong gusts of wind.
- A lifelong antenna that resists weathering and damage for years and years, even in the worst conditions (humidity, salinity, UV radiation, etc.), thanks to its construction in the best quality materials: aluminum antenna and Zamak clamp
- Enjoy HD TV with excellent signal quality, thanks to Televes' patented high-gain TForce amplification technology and interference protection (FM, LTE, 4G and 5G filters)
- Avoid the TV interference and noise caused by cell phone signals, thanks to high rejection 4G and 5G filters
- The embedded pre-amplifier is key to achieve this remarkable quality, since the signal is amplified from the very first moment, avoiding noise addition that distorts the signal
- You will continue watching TV even in adverse reception conditions (storms, obstacles, etc.), as the smart antenna adjusts in real time to compensate for signal changes
- Non-stop operation in case of power failure, the antenna will continue working in passive mode. In addition, it automatically returns to active mode when power is restored
- Guaranteed quality. As a result of European manufacturing on robotized and automated 4.0 production lines, we ensure detailed control of each step of the process
- Outstanding performance thanks to the cutting-edge technology using miniaturized electronic elements assembled on PBCs (printed circuit boards)
- Antenna ready for the spectrum repack, it enhances the TV signal and avoids mobile phone interference after frequency relocation, ensuring the best reception on your TV
Patents* European Patents: EP3252948 on "Amplification system for telecommunication signals" and EP2093837 on "Antenna DAT HD"
A good TV signal is only as good as the antenna used to deliver it
The DAT BOSS antenna, designed and manufactured in Europe, offers you high reliability and excellent performance, thanks to its state-of-the-art design and rigorous quality controls.
The Televes brand is synonymous with reliability and confidence, and our passion for quality is what drives us. We are manufacturers with more than 60 years of experience, and we produce in our own facilities on automated and robotized lines in order to maintain total control over every stage of production. In addition, exhaustive quality controls are carried out in our certification laboratories, to guarantee every one of our customers the best results.
How to get the best signal on your TV?
To get a good signal, it’s necessary to choose the right antenna based on your location. This will depend on the distance to the TV towers and if you have an unobstructed direct line of sight to them. In an area free of obstacles, such as buildings, trees or mountains, the signals that are within the antenna's range should be picked up.
We help you to choose the perfect antenna in the following section "How to choose your antenna". Find out here
- Packaging type: Box
- Dimensions (in): 16.73 (W) x 5.31 (H) x 40.16 (D)
- Weight (lb): 12.3
- Location: Outdoor, Attic
- Connector type: F-connector
- Range: Up to 100 miles
- Typical reception area: Urban Metro, Metro Suburban, Towns Rural, Countryside
- Reception pattern: Directional
- Automatic gain adjustment: Yes
- Antenna gain low VHF (dBi): 30
- Antenna gain High VHF (dBi): 36.5
- Antenna gain UHF (dBi): 46
- Front to back ratio Low VHF (dB): 8
- Front to back ratio High VHF (dB): 10
- Front to back ratio UHF (dB): 25
- Frequency bands: Low VHF (54...88 MHz), High VHF (174...216 MHz), UHF (470...608 MHz)
- Power (Vdc): 12V
- Product dimensions (in): 104.00 (W) x 29.00 (H) x 81.00 (D)
- Product weight (lb) : 9.70
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What must I take into account to receive Broadcasts in VHF?
VHF (low, high) stations are broadcasting with lower power, so the choice of an antenna which performs well in this band is critical to receive TV stations in good conditions. We have some good choices for VHF reception, like the Ellipse MIX, the DAT BOSS MIX LR, or the DAT BOSS MIX LR Full band, all equipped with our exclusive BOSS amplification system with TForce technology.
What is a Yagi Antenna?
Yagi antennas are formed by a dipole, the reflectors and one or more directors. The dipole is the element that gather the broadcast electromagnetic energy (works as the sensor element) and has the appropriate dimensions to operate in the frequency band of the antenna. The reflector placed behind the dipole avoids the back reception of signals, reinforcing the frontal reception. The directors which are placed in front of the dipole narrow the beam or reception lobe of the antenna, increasing its gain and directivity. This way, the antenna can receive TV stations at longer distances while, increasing its directivity, blocking inference.
Why do Televes intelligent antennas outperform other so called active antennas?
Our antennas have an exclusive feature that other active antennas do not have: BOSSTech® Technology, which provides the appropriate (regulated) signal level no matter the reception scenario. In case of antennas working in VHF and UHF, the regulation of signal level is adjusted separately (VHF, UHF) to take into consideration the different broadcasting conditions of the two bands. Also, the antennas can work in intelligent mode (power on) and in passive mode (power off), thus increasing its dynamic range. Last, but not least, the antennas perform mechanical and electronic filtering to get rid of unwanted interferences broadcasted in the UHF band that could potentially impair TV reception. In simple terms, BOSSTech® is a very sophisticated AGC amplifier on a chip designed by our engineers with 5G filtering that adjusts in real-time to current and changing conditions of broadcast TV signals, providing a more stable signal to the TV.
I live in a fringe area, how can I receive good TV stations?
We call a fringe area that is about 100 miles or more from the television station. We recommend for this application the DAT BOSS MIX LR, which LR stands for Long Range or high distance, to receive good signal quality in these so-called fringe areas. This antenna outperforms others due to its high directivity, high gain, low noise and TForce Technology to receive weak signals in the most difficult reception conditions.
I live close to a broadcasting tower but I do not get a clear signal. What can probably happen?
Receiving excessive signal (location very close to the broadcasting tower) can be as bad as having poor signal. In case of excessive signal, the use of a high dynamic range antenna is recommended, like the Ellipse or the DAT BOSS MIX LR, which adjust the output level no matter the reception conditions in order not to overdrive the TVs.
What is the difference between an intelligent and a passive antena?
An intelligent antenna has an integrated built-in amplifier, while a passive antenna does not have an amplifier. An intelligent antenna will work on active mode if it’s connected to power provided from a downstream power supply, receiving power through the coax cable. A passive antenna is not an active component even when connected to a pre-amplifier, it is rather just a passive component of an active system.
Join Over-The-Air TV, and enjoy your favorite channels and even more, with no extra fees
Compatible with the most advanced high-definition digital TV standards